One night we were looking for something new for dinner. We searched for new recipes on YouTube and quickly discovered Martha Stewart’s Famous One Pot Pasta Recipe. Despite our children’s faces in the default, they ended up loving it and always look forward to when we have this meal now! It’s part of our normal monthly recipe routine!
Check out our video (below) and Martha Stewart’s video (link above)!
We double the recipe and tweak it a little. Here’s how we make it…
Boil the following in 9 cups of water, stirring continually:
- 24 oz of spaghetti (we prefer this over linguini)
- 2 whole white onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 24 oz of cherry tomotoes halved
- 8 cloves of garlic peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 tspn of black pepper
- 4 tspn of salt
- 1/2 tspn of red pepper flakes
- 4 large sprigs of basil separated from the stem
*Don’t worry about the large amounts of powerful ingredients. The boiling process reduces the intensity of the onion, garlic, etc. and really combines the flavors nicely.
Never stop stirring throughout the boiling process or the pasta may stick! Once most of the water boils away and the remaining water thickens just a tad, you’re done. Just top with fresh (preferably organic) parmesan and you’re done!
Let us know how yours turns out!